glucose screening
Sitting in my OB's waiting room to pass the 1 hr for my glucose screening. The orange drink was surprisingly not terrible. It tasted like a diluted non-carbonated fanta. I'm hoping that the result will be good because then I'll really feel better celebrating with pastries later with Danielle today. I suppose it may take a day or two for these lab test results to come back. Other tests ordered were RPR (not sure why -- is it standard of care to screen twice during pregnancy?), Vitamin D, and CBC. I'm glad I'm getting screened for anemia and I hope my Vitamin D is ok. I started taking Vitamin D a few weeks ago but I doubt that's long enough to make a significant difference. I'm guessing my level will be somewhat low, maybe 25ish.
update after the test: well I had a pretty significant sugar crash afterwards and felt like crap. Maybe it was my relative lack of coffee. more likely it was the digusting 50g (or was it 100g?) of sugar that I just slammed my body with. either way I guess it's a good sign that I don't typically feel this way, which I would assume means that I likely don't have diabetes.
Comments
Post a Comment