Week 24

Just had my second MFM appt today. I'm relieved that the pyelectasis has resolved for both babies. relieved that we couldn't find the VSD - although Oki told me it could be because of the rib shadow. Their facial features are starting to come in. Looks like each has my nose and the boy has a big head, so maybe he'll follow after Pete. Based on his head size, he measured at 36 weeks gestation. The boy is 1 lb 9 oz and the girl is 1 lb 6 oz.

I had a great weekend hanging out with Jamie. It was so nice to see her in her element as a mom of two, now 2 years old and 3 months old and thriving. It's nice to see the practical side of things -- where I don't need a bunch of fancy equipment for things to go smoothly. Although I just did buy two new SNOOs which is kind of crazy, but their 25% discount and their promise of a 30 day satisfaction guarantee got me. Now it's time to think about moving to a 3 BR apt on the first floor. Everyone says it will be easier.

I'm glad things are progressing well in this pregnancy. It's starting to feel real. I'm sort of tempted to take a babymoon somewhere like San Diego. Still want Hawaii. But after all the traveling I've done recently I'm not sure if my body will be too tired. I like Jamie's suggestion of doing a pregnancy photo shoot. It was really cute to see MV point out pics of her mom's belly. 

I'm starting to feel less comfortable and wonder how much longer I'll be able to operate at full speed at work like I have been. If these babies are supposed to triple in size, I worry that I won't be able to easily do fluoro procedures or even run around in clinic. I just transitioned today from helping Casey with fluoro procedures 1.5 days per week, to just doing my half day per week and more clinic instead. It feels that clinic is more exhausting because I'm talking more, more thirsty, and my mouth is more dry. But I'm glad that I won't have to expose these babies to as much radiation as I have been. Feeling more off balance with walking and navigating stairs. 

Starting to already feel like I want the babies out. I'm guessing in a few weeks I'll feel a lot more ready for the babies to be out of me.

Comments