30 weeks

Taking the last trip of pregnancy. Feels surreal, like the end of an Era. I'm excited to see Pete's family. It feels like they won't see us for a while because who knows how easy it'll be to travel with twin babies. At this point hopefully we have most stuff we need. The special procedure nurses are throwing a shower on Tuesday, my office is throwing a shower in a few Fridays, and some people are getting us stuff off the baby registry. These babies are so well loved. It's nice to see the community coming together for them.

As for the pregnancy, things are going well. The belly is obviously unwieldy and I get more easily short of breath, but for the most part I feel great. I can power walk without feeling pain or being limited by breathing. I'm sleeping OK and am not as ravenous as before. It's nice to not be gaining weight so rapidly anymore. At this point I suppose it's the babies job to gain weight and my turn to chill.


I can't believe that in approximately 6 weeks the babies will be here though. I wonder if I'll feel any different in between now and then. This pregnancy has been so smooth that I wonder if/when I'll “hit the wall” as some say on the message boards.


I just hope these babies end up being good people, happy, and healthy. I hope they know God and can be individuals that others look up to. I hope they can feel safe and content. I want to teach them how to be good people, have good morals, but also the things that pay the bills - how to think analytically,be smart, strategic, and creative, and do well in school and work. It is amazing to have so many dreams for them, these unborn children who have yet to display any personality or aptitude for certain things.


I am so thankful to God that this is the situation we're in. To have two kids at once and so easily, a boy and a girl, and to have them healthy. I just hope that they truly continue to be healthy and that as parents we're able to tend to them, show them love, have them feel well cared for, and also grow our marriage as well. 


Comments