Week 33
Things have been a whirlwind lately. Found a house, applied for a mortgage, figured out how to make a trust, navigated OB appointments. Closing on the house this week maybe. It was so heartwarming to have the Special Procedure group throw me a baby shower and my clinic staff throw me a baby shower. I don’t feel deserving of this attention and ppl getting us gifts but it is heartwarming to see that these babies are loved. Yesterday we picked up a bunch of gifts from ladies at church which was also really heartwarming to see. I’m very thankful that God has blessed us with a caring community.
I hope these babies turn out happy and healthy. I know there’s not much use in worrying. It’s amazing that their arrival date is drawing nearer. Maybe 3-5 more weeks? Currently our apartment is rather messy and chaotic. There are boxes strewn about everywhere containing baby shower items. I’m not sure how we’re going to end up moving. We could just hire the movers that pack everything up for us. That’ll be the simplest but it’s also hard to imagine shelling out the money for it. I just know it’s going to be chaotic and am kind of dreading that transition but it’ll also be exciting to have more space and our own place. I really like the house we’re moving into and I’m hopeful that I can keep my job and do well at it. I don’t like needing to play games and politics but I know this is part of any job and at least things are going well right now.
I suppose I’m looking forward to my 12 weeks of FMLA leave but I’m also not sure how I’ll handle the sleep deprivation. I hope these postpartum doulas can pull through. I was a bit unresponsive once they sent over their contracts and just replied last week before July 4 weekend, only to not hear back from them yet. It’s hard to anticipate what we’ll need but perhaps at least 4 nights per week would be helpful? At $240/night it’s not a terrible price but costs are going to add up.
Most importantly I’m glad these babies are on track so far. Last week at the MFM office they weighed just over 4 lbs each. I suppose they’re actually weighing large for their gestational age? It is remarkable what the human body is capable of. I haven’t taken much time to reflect on this but it is actually astonishing that two babies can be conceived and develop into full grown people.
Hopefully I will remember to blog at least once more before the babies are here, but given my track record, this may be the last post with them inside my belly. So crazy to imagine.
Comments
Post a Comment