Daddy leaving

My dad is about to leave tomorrow. We are terrified about the uncertainty that’ll unfold. I can’t believe he’s been here for 3 weeks. Time has flown by, and we wouldn’t have been able to survive without him. From the moment he entered our apartment and I noticed his location on Google maps and exclaimed “I think my dad’s here!” To which Pete responded, he’s here! And I walked out and my dad remarked that he thought I would look more tired and less physically capable while recovering from giving birth. It is hard to imagine we were living in our old apartment at that time, that we had yet to move to our new house. Now we are so much more settled into the new house thanks to him. We have a routine established for taking care of the babies, mostly thanks to him. It’s been a wonderful experience and I hope I’ll cherish the moments that we had when my dad was around, before my mom arrived. The three of us felt much more free and Pete remarked that it felt like we were all back in McVay again.

I wish he didn’t have to leave but i know he has his own life to live and I’m sure he’d rather not be here while my mom is around. I’m looking forward to the next time he visits which couldn’t come soon enough!

Comments